Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The problem with video games

       Everyone complains about how expensive video games are today. 60 dollars for a few hours of fun and multiple days of pure rage and frustration, ridiculous! But really it's a great deal, buy one Call of Duty and you get the whole collection free. I mean they're all so similar if you play one of them you've played them all.

Guess in the comments which CoD this is

          Call of Duty isn't the only game to fall into this trap. Guitar Hero and Rock Band milked every cent out of their games while we suckers ate that shit up like it was Lucky Charms. Don't get me wrong it was a great idea, but even Itunes doesn't rip you off that badly for music!

         The Elder Scrolls, Fable, sports games, they're all the same basic game with some slight addition. Look at the highly anticipated Skyrim. The main addition? Dragons, awesome concept, I can't wait to fight one myself, but Goddamn 60 bucks for that addition?! It sounds more like an expansion to me.

        But don't even get me started on Madden, if I have to hear Chris Collinsworth one more day in my life comment on just how stupid the interception I just threw was, I will literally hunt down the makers of Madden and their families, tie them down, and force them to listen to a loop of his commentary until their ears bleed profusely.

Believe it or not I would actually rather listen to this guy than Collinsworth


...yeah I think that sums up all I have to say for Madden.

        So you may be wondering, "Hey Brian, what game do you like then?" Well I think the most original game that actually makes use of its sequels is a game I don't really like that much...Mass Effect. This game actually makes you feel like the last game you bought and played actually means something in the grand scheme of things. Have some good old fashion blue alien sex? Well she won't suddenly stop returning your calls and telling you that it was a "one time thing" and that the only reason she did it was because she was hammered out of her mind...luckily we never have to deal with that again...

       So if you disagree or agree with what I say please do comment

No comments:

Post a Comment